Us, we, the company, Health & Safety Training 1st and CSCSGreenCardCourse.co.uk all refer to Training 1st Ltd.
You, learners, customers and users refer to individuals who engage with our services.
At Health and Safety Training 1st we are committed to protecting and managing personal information (information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual) we collect about you inline with current legislation. We manage and process your data as directed by the Data Protection Act 2018 and The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) which replace the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU Directive 95/46/EC.
We regularly review, and where necessary, update our privacy information and will bring any new uses of your data to your attention before we start the processing via the email you have provided us with on registration.
The Personal Data We Collect About You
We collect information from you when you place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our website or offline over the phone or via email.
We provide training services directly and testing and CITB card applications on behalf of customers as a third party booking agent and have a legitimate interest to collect personal data so that we can deliver these services.
We only collect the information we need to provide these services an this includes:
- Your name
- Email address and phone number
- Details of your prior academic attainment / certification
- Details of any learning
- Your right to work in the UK
- The language you speak
- Your IP Address
- Any unique identifier numbers allocated by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
Information You Submit But We Do Not Process
Bank, Paypal and credit/ debit details. Once you have confirmed you would like to purchase our services, you are directed to our payment gateway to key in your Paypal account, debit or credit card details or bank details and billing address. We do not receive or store this information.
How Do We Use The Data We Collect About You?
Health and Safety Training 1st uses the personal information it collects about customers in the following ways:
- Order CITB CSCS Cards
- Provide you with training
- To enrol you onto courses
- To analyse widening participation
- Provide you with tests
- To provide you with the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in Construction qualification.
- To comply with CITB Card Application requirements
- Market additional services
We are required to digitally record learners undertaking the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment by the awarding body (ETA). This is required so the awarding body can check that the assessment is carried out under exam conditions and they may want to look at your recording for this purpose. We use Zoom or similar software to undertake this and as with all data we store records securely. You will be asked to give your permission in advance of any recording being made. Zoom recordings are automatically deleted automatically after 45 days. Zoom tests also take place with up to 4 learners present and although we check ID on a one to one basis other participants will be visible to you and vice versa during the test.
Legal Requests For Information0
Health & Safety Training 1st may be required through a court order to provide personally identifiable information to government authorities. Providing such government departments/agencies have legal right to access our records and such enquiries are correctly made, we will supply such authorities with the information they require.
Who We Share Your Information With?
Health and Safety Training 1st will only share your information if:
- You agree to us doing so
- We bring legal action against you for breaching our terms and conditions
- The third party is providing services to you such as testing, funding for learning, certification or CSCS card applications. Such third parties are limited in their rights to use such information only for the provision of these services to Health and Safety Training 1st and t yourself.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will retain all the data you provide us with related to any course, test or CITB Card Application for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests in conjunction with the requirements of our awarding body ETA where you have completed a qualification awarded by them and CITB where you have completed a test or we have applied for CITB Card on your behalf through them. After this time your data will be securely deleted by Health and Safety Training 1st.
Your data passed to ETA and CITB will be retained in accordance with their respective policies:
You can request earlier permanent deletion of your data if required but your data will reside in backups for a period of 2 months after this.
Accuracy of Data
Health and Safety Training may request that the personal data you hold is accurate and up to date in order that we maintain our records up to date.
Health and Safety Training 1st records your personal information on or Learner Management Systems (LMS) and has various security measures in place in line with best practice to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control through the use of passwords and 2 step verification. Your data is stored on an encrypted server, operated by Google.
We follow email marketing best practices at all time. A key aspect of these best practices is the operation of permission based emailing. If you receive emails from Health and Safety Training 1st or a partner it will be because you have elected to receive such emails or they are communications related specifically to services requested. By entering your email address into Google forms, the subscribe and save field on our website or our checkout page (even where a transaction does not take place) you agree to be contracted by us about our products and services.
3rd Party Links
Health and Safety Training 1st’s website may contain links to other websites. While links are reviewed at the time of publishing we are not responsible for the content of external links as they can be changed without our knowledge.
Health and Safety Training 1st’s customers have rights in relation to the information we hold on them, which are outlined below. Any requests for access, information, erasure or amendment must be accompanied by proof of identification and requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The right of access - you have the right to access the information we hold on you verbally or in writing and will endeavour to provide this as soon as is practicable and within 1 month.
- The right to rectification - you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. This can be requested verbally or in writing and we will endeavour to provide this as soon as is practicable and within 1 month
- The right to erasure - You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for Health and Safety Training 1st to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- The right to restrict processing - you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data where you have a particular reason for wanting the restriction. This may be because you have issues with the content of the information we hold or how we have processed your data. We respond to requests for restriction without undue delay and within one month of receipt.
- The right to data portability - you have the right to to receive personal data you have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this data directly to another controller.
- The right to object - GDPR gives you the right to object to the processing of your data. This may be in relation to all of the personal data you hold about an individual or only to certain information. It may also only relate to a particular purpose you are processing the data for. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - although Health and Safety Training 1st does not undertake automated decision making and profiling you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you.
- Withdraw consent: If you have given Training Express your consent to use personal information (for example, for marketing), you can withdraw your consent at any time. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
Requests 1 - 6 above will be processed within 2 weeks.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as outlined above or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the data controller on:
03300 122 6126
We endeavour to respond to all support requests within 24 hrs.
Email Marketing By entering your email address in to our practice tests, subscribe form and enquiry form on CSCSGreenCardCourse.co.uk and checkout (even where a transaction does not take place) you are consenting to receiving electronic mail from us with offers relating to the provision of our training. Existing customers may also be contacted from time to time about product offers. To opt out of email marketing unsubscribe email please contact email@example.com or select and complete the unsubscribe option at the footer of our emails.
CITB HSE Card Application
By purchasing a course which involves us applying for your CSCS Green Labourers card we act as a third party on behalf and you consent to us doing this on your behalf using the following information you will asked for:
- National Insurance Number
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
We will also require a photo to apply for the card and will request you send this to us for this purpose.
1.you confirm the Individual has expressly consented in writing to you applying for a CSCS card on their behalf
When you join Classroom, some information about you is always visible to other members of your class. The personal details that you can see in Classroom depend on your role and the actions taken by teachers and G Suite or domain administrators. By purchasing our course and joining the Google classroom you accept this and following:
What personal information can people see ?
|I am a Student||
|I am a Teacher||
By sending us your name, email address and phone number you are contenting to us contacting you about either government funded training or the commercial training we offer. This includes but is not limited to emailing or calling you on more than one occasion.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary: These are the cookies that are essential for WordPress.org to perform basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions.
- Functionality: These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
- Performance: Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with websites hosted on WordPress.org, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. These details are only used to improve how the website functions.
- Tracking: These are set by trusted third-party networks (e.g. Google Analytics) to track details such as the number of unique visitors, and pageviews to help improve the user experience.
- Third Party/Embedded Content: WordPress.org makes use of different third-party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from YouTube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site